Thursday 24 June 2010

Shomer Yisrael- Guardian of Israel

Today is exactly 4 years since Hamas kidnapped Gilad Shalit.

Gilad, this is for you. I have not forgotten.

"All who rage against you

will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.

Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.

For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob,
O little Israel,
for I myself will help you," declares the LORD,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." (Isaiah 41:11-14)



"For the LORD has a day of vengeance,a year of retribution, to uphold Zion's cause." (Isaiah 34:8)



"But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life." (Isaiah 43:1-4)










Shabbat Shalom, Israel. May you forever dwell in peace in the land your God gave to you. Shabbat Shalom, Gilad and all the captive sons of Israel, may the Guradian of your forefathers watch over you life, your mind and soul. May He grant you freedom and make you justice against your enemies.


Emanuela

2 comments:

  1. Eu cred ca planul Domnului este cel mai bun si ... mai stiu ca cei ce se incred in El au parte de protectie.
    Imi place imaginea urmatoare: e un verset in Psalmi ce zice ca Domnul vine in fruntea ostii Sale ca sa scape pe cel in primejdie, necaz ... Iti dai seama?
    Si apoi .. eu nu stiu cat e de mare ostirea lui ... insa imi inchipui ca e maaaaaaaaaaare ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai dreptate, Cella. Stiu ca El personal il va elibera pe Gilad. Nu stiu de ce l-a pus pe baiatula asta pe inimile la atatia oameni, ca au mai fost soldati rapiti... Plang oameni dupa el care nu au nimic de-a face cu familia lui. Stiu ca Domnul il va elibera. Abia astept sa-i vad si eu ostirea:-)

    ReplyDelete