Monday 14 June 2010

Diamonds and pearls

"Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are. Be sure to answer the foolish arguments of fools, or they will become wise in their own estimation." Proverbs 26:4-5

If there is one thing I can't stand about myself, is talking when I should keep quiet. I only know how to do things one way- passionately. But when passion is not tamed by wisdom it can easily become folly. And I ended up in this trap so many times that I am honestly bored by this trip and a little bit fed up...


My latest cause is Christian attitude towards Jews. It took me, the naive, ages to get this, but not everybody cares and even amongst those who care not all see things the same way (imagine that). I defend what I love with all that I have, but if there is one principle I live by is- don't try to convince anybody of anything, Truth has power in Himself and He does not require lawyers, He wants witnesses.
So, yeah, I did get upset and saddened, but then I had a long nice chat with Bat Melech (Lord have mercy of my phone bill:-) and my thick head got it.

We all have the same Bible, and in all our Bibles is written the same thing. The Truth remains the same whether someone believes it or not, accepts it or not, speaks of it or not. And if some choose to condemn Israel and speak badly of her, they will not answer before me. If she still hears the same lies she heard through the ages, there is One who watches over her, who never slumbers nor sleeps. He will be the One asking questions at the end, not Emanuela.


I for one refuse as of today to get in debates with my Christian brothers about Israel and what they believe about her. Believe what you wish, my brothers, think whatever you choose. Those who seek with all their heart will find, those who wish to enter in debates to prove how intelligent they are, I have one request- do spare me, please. I am almost 30 and I would like to live, loving what I want, seeking what I want, learning what I want, finding my way back home and discovering things on this journey. If I am rude and intolerant, I'll be rude and intolerant but at least I'll be myself. Not everything that is precious to me, is the same for everybody else. Many of my pearls and diamonds could be easily stepped over by others and dismissed as nothing. I am not offended by that. I am however, offended when someone tries to stuff down my throut their diamonds and pearls. I am making myself vulnerable here and I am aware of that, I will carry on doing so, because I do it for that one person that tells me "That helped me, Em". If I accept the risk of you not agreeing with me and even step over my pearls and diamonds, allow me the same. I might not be interested in a debate and at least here in my world, I will never accept anything spoken against Israel. Piece of advice, I you wish to slander her or debate on how wrong she is, with all due respect- make your own blog.


Emanuela


P.S. Bat Melech, thank you for your support and for sharing this amazing song with me


2 comments:

  1. People find only bits of the Truth because they look only with bits of their heart, the rest is caught up in what they want the truth to be like, caught up in the compromises they make and they end up confusing all that mess that they carry with them as being ~His will~ and then force it on others as if there is no other truth in this world except theirs.
    Try not to be impressed by every ~Israel lover~ you see because often they prove to confuse Israel with Coke or a good movie and their love is as superficial as when they say ~I love ice cream!~ or ~I love pink!~ and try not to be disappointed by every ~pig~ that steps on your pearls - they just don't know the difference between their own filth and pearls.
    Israel has survived when there was no Christian to support it and it will exist long after Christians will be gone, because their Defender is The Holy One of Israel, and He is Eternal, so His nation is also Eternal.
    Our job is to mirror Yeshua and if people see Him ... eventually see that He is never without Israel, and if they chose not to see that, it's their choice. You mirror Yeshua, Bat Tzion, and love what He loves and that is precious! I am proud of you, be blessed yafah!
    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. The Truth is only one and He's my focus. And long after this "love Israel" will be out of "fashion" again, we'll still be here, where we were long before it all started. You taught me how to understand them, when in the Christian world they were just discovering Hillsong. This was your world and you allowed me in it, and for this I will always be grateful. Because of them I can see my God clearer than I ever did before. I love them because Israel brought me close to my God and thought me how to love Him with the kind of love that doesn't back off just because it hurts like crazy. I hurts to love them Bat Melech, you were right, perhaps that's why this "new trend" will not last long.

    ReplyDelete