Tuesday 28 June 2011

So, I keep going...

I woke up this morning at 5,30, as I usually do these days, with a desparate desire to tell Him how I feel.
If I look inside myself these last few weeks everything is a contradiction. I feel defeated, yet I know I'm not. I doubt and yet I see Him doing again things I can't deny. I feel lost but somehow at the same time I feel held tight like in a warm snuggle.

So, in trying to describe all this to Him, I manage to write my first poem. It's in English so bare with me. Anyone who knows me is aware I am mentally incapable of riming:-) I am sharing this with you for all those who feel the same conflict I described above. As always, my message is the same- you are not alone. And something else, He knows...He knows how hard it is, so close your eyes, take a deep breath and keep going.

So I keep going

Surprised by joy, amazed by grace
I walk this path of mine
And I am struggling everyday
Between the mundane and devine

Once in a while I see Your Face
I stretch my hand- You're gone
I die a little bit inside
Still, know I'm not alone...

I tell myself "Do not give up!
He didn't- for your sake.
Keep going, daughter, you'll be fine
There is a purpose to this race."

So, I keep going, though I'm not fine
And though I ache inside...
Because You said I have a place
That Your home's also mine."

Bat Tzion

8 comments:

  1. beautiful words, keep writing because you're good at it. I love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was a bit nervous about putting it here, like I was when I wrote my first posting on this blog. Thanks for encouraging me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma thanks for posting this it gave me the boost i need for today to keep going , its like it was written just for me (han)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un poem minunat, de suflet, bravo Ema!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Han

    It probably was written just for you. Love you loads, lovely. The way you keep going isnpires me to do the same. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alina draga,

    Multumesc de incurajare. Ma bucur ca ti-a placut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. si mie imi place poezia...cred ca multi trecem prin astfel de momente. it's good to see you're not alone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amina

    Thanks for your comment. I think weekness is good as long as acknowledging it makes you stronger. I learn my best lessons in my worst days and just like you said the thing that encourage me most is when I come accross people who feel the same way.
    Thanks again for your comment and be blessed.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete