Tuesday 10 August 2010

?Emergent Churches?





I came across these videos today, and I wanted to share them with you all. I can identify so many ideas that have already sneaked into our churches from this "new theology".

Words are not important anymore, His Word is not important anymore, what matters is how some "experience" Him. It will always remain with me that when Moses asked Him to show His Glory, the one thing God did, was to SPEAK His Name. (Exodus 33, 34:6-7) The Son of God who came to save us, is The Word. Since when do we dismiss words and rely on feelings and experiences? More then ever, I know these days that if I would follow Him based on feelings and experiences I would give up. But I believe His Word is supreme authority, far above anything I will ever touch with my hands or see with my eyes, way beyond any shiver down my spine that I might happen to feel in a church gathering. Brothers, I might also not agree with many things in the main stream evangelical churches, but from here to messing up God's Word for the sake of experiences, feelings and a "strong sense of community" there's a long way. As I suggested before, call it social club. Don't label it Christ's Church, because that's His Bride, and guess what? His Bride obeys His VOICE. (John 10:4)
I'm not saying we should have all the answers, because we simply can't. But if He said, He will come to judge this world, excuse me if I believe Him, rather than the high tech laser beaming mind boggling tinggling experiences you might have when you come together.


You might not agree with me and that is fine. I think we are in the times we have been warned about. I wish we would all hang on to His Word for dear life, because I know we all love Him. ..But what saddens me is that some of us still love more what we perceive than what we believe.

"For we are not, like so many, [like hucksters making a trade of] peddling God's Word [shortchanging and adulterating the divine message]; but like [men] of sincerity and the purest motive, as [commissioned and sent] by God, we speak [His message] in Christ (the Messiah), in the [very] sight and presence of God." (2 Corinthians 2:17, AMP)

"No Other Gospel
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" (Apostle Paul, Galatians 1:6-9)

2 comments:

  1. d`apoi nu te mai mira nimic ... pe bune.
    ei nu vad ca e o varza ce fac ei ... ce varza, ca pana si varza e buna ... tocanita e mai bun ca termen ce i-ar defini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asa am zis si eu, Cella draga. Ce, Doamne iarta-ma de tocanita de doctrine mai e si asta? Nu stiu cat se intampla in bisericile de acasa, dar aici plin de ei- fratii care vor sa fie relevanti pentru vremurile in care traim. Cu ce tupeu sa pui termen de expirare pe Evanghelia lui Isus???

    ReplyDelete