Wednesday 19 May 2010

In the end He will stand upon this earth


"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! (Job 19:25-27)

Today I want to write about Yeshua (Jesus), the One who refused to give up out of love. We heard so many about Yeshua- stories, sermons, comments, songs, we've seen painting, pictures, movies, all telling us about Him. We tend to see Him either as a victim hanging on the cross or as God sitting on the throne, but Yeshua also had to walk this walk, make decisions and fight for what He believed just as we do. He's also been offered shortcuts from the road that would cost Him, just like we do every single day:
“I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them,” the devil said, “because they are mine to give to anyone I please. I will give it all to you if you will worship me.” (Luke 4:6-7)
He was also rejected, disappointed by people, hurt, misunderstood, but He refused to give up because He knew what was at stake here- it was not about Him it was about you and I: "He will not falter or be discourage till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope." (Isaiah 42:4)

He knew He was not alone, He found His strength in The Father and He carried on: "Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me now? Where are my accusers? Let them appear!" (Isaiah 50:7-8). I also love the verse in John which says: "Yeshua knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God."
We want to follow His example, but we find that as a bit of a daunting task. We come up with excuses, such as "Yeah, but He was God and I am only human" Have you ever tried to look at The Son of Man rather than The Son of God? I know you can't really separate them, that they are one and the same, but I am talking about a principle here not about doctrines. Bottom line to all this is He found it just as hard as you and I, but He didn't stop.
If I were to ask you why are you following Him, I am sure you will tell me "Because I love Him, because I believe Him…" and that's absolutely the right reason. But can I ask you something? Are you still waiting for Him or is that thought somewhat alien to you? We are so trapped in miracles, church growth, saving souls, programmes, callings, gifts, that it seems to me these days nobody is excited anymore about Him coming back. We more likely think about dying and going to Heaven, than actually thinking He might be coming back tomorrow, next week, next year. We stopped getting excited and it saddens me, because we are supposed to wait for Him as a bride waits for her groom. I remember I was wearing my wedding dress, the Anglican priest was in front of me and I was tapping my foot wanting for him to move so that I can see my Daniel at the end of the aisle. I am convinced in my heart that He is excited about seeing His bride, that He can't wait to be with us to show us everything, share everything with us, be with us forever. This is why He paid the price, this why He did not give up. I was a young child somewhere in a church, in village in Romania when I heard the pastor preaching about the parable of the ten virgins, and I understood he was talking about not being ready for when He comes back, forgetting that He ever comes back: "When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep." (Matthew 25:5).
I don't want to forget, I make it my mission not to forget. Yesterday, I was at work and it all became narrowed to the here and now and I hated it because somehow it detaches me from Him. I know the thought that you have to be able to feel Him everywhere sounds all nice and spiritual, but it's a bit more difficult when your phone is ringing and you have to explain rules and regulations to lawyers and solicitors. I read a posting on a blog that talked about how He created us in an amazing beautiful way, a loving way, that He put His heart into creating each one of us and that makes us precious, and the narrow expanded back to the true picture- I am His and He is coming after me (thank you, Cella). That's why I'm not giving up, that's why I will not stop. Because there is a purpose in all this. The Man Yeshua saw it, and we have to see it:
"He will see the result of the suffering of his soul and be satisfied. By his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities." (Isaiah 53:11) "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." (John 17:24, Yeshua's prayer before He was arrested)

The most important thing Yeshua taught me was how to be God's child and then He taught me how to discover the purpose and fight for it until the end.
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away...He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son." (Revelation 21:1-4,7)

Be blessed today.

Emanuela

1 comment: