Tuesday 12 July 2011

God's lawyer


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Where is God when I'm hurting?"
She looks at me and asks
I try to give an answer
But sounds fake as a mask

I want to tell her, Aba
That You're there in her pain
Instead I just keep quiet...
An answer seems in vain.

She's not the first to ask me.
There were others before
I tried then to "defend" You...
They seemed to hate You more.

So I keep quiet, Aba
Because I understand
That when a heart does want You,
Will not seek You in vain.

And when she'll want to see You
She will not need me then
To point in Your direction.
Her heart will know the way

I asked the very question
She's asking me just now
I wanted all the answers
The where, the why, the how...

I wanted You to tell me
To justify Yourself
The justify my anger,
and pain and brokenness

But then I saw You, Aba
I saw the price You paid
I saw my loving Father,
Who did come to my aid.

How could I tell her, Aba
The pain You felt through time
To see us all so broken,
So lost from the Divine?

The pain You felt through ages
The pain You feel right now
To hear another broken
Asking the where, why, how..?

Who else could understand her
But You in all Your pain?
Still, if I try to tell her
To her is just the same.

So, I'll keep quiet, Aba
Today I won't defend
I'll just sit here praying
Let her pain have and end.

And when that end is coming
May it have as result
A way back to You, Aba
The Dad, that she forgot.


"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born," says the Lord." (Isaiah 66:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment