Friday 5 August 2011

To Israel...

"Jerusalem, the nations will see your goodness, and all kings will see your glory. Then you will have a new name, which the Lord himself will give you.You will be like a beautiful crown in the Lord's hand, like a king's crown in your God's hand. You will never again be called the People that God Left, nor your land the Land that God Destroyed. You will be called the People God Loves, and your land will be called the Bride of God, because the Lord loves you. And your land will belong to him as a bride belongs to her husband." Isaiah 62:2-4

"Israel!", my heart is crying
"Israel", I hear inside
Israel, this love consumes me
But I'll never try to hide.

I'm wearing your Star with honour
I have pledged my heart to you
I will walk this road besides you
For I know it to be true.

I have seen the way He loves you
With a love that cannot die
I have heard His loving whisper
"They're the apple of My eye"

I will say it until forever
Every time I'll meet your sons
Israel, I am so sorry
We fed your children to the guns

I am sorry for all the mothers
For all the children and all the fathers
For every Jew that ever died
And paid with their lives for a lie...

I will walk this road besides you
I will stand and fight for you
Israel, you might not know me
But I know His love for you.

So far today, 4,308 Christians pledged on facebook to pray for Israel against rocket attacks- I am one of them. I am convinced in the same way a daddy holds his child close and covers their head with the palm of his hand to protect them, that's how Abba stretches His hand over Israel to protect them. The palm of His hand is their best anti-rocket shield. The time has come for us to acknowledge the verses above. They are and will always remain "The People That God Loves". I am one among the nations that the prophet talks about who sees this. I pray you get to see it, too. But if you choose not to, I won't hold it against you. You see, they don't need us, that's how Great their Defender is.

No comments:

Post a Comment