Thursday 9 March 2017

Love Warrior




“My courage will come from knowing I can handle whatever I encounter there -- because I was designed by my Creator to not only survive pain and love but also to become whole inside it. I was born to do this. I am a Warrior.”  Glennon Doyle MeltonLove Warrior: A Memoir


Some days my heart is filled with love
And on others it leaks pain
But I carry on, Father
For nothing is in vain.

These two are friends of mine and teachers
And shaped me, into me
To run away because it costs me
Would mean forgetting I am free

And I am free because they freed me
From all the running, guilt and fear
This pain and love You brought me, Father
Have taught me that You're always near.

And I look closely dear Father
At all the work they do in me
The way that they complete each other
And open all of me to see.

And what I see just makes me wonder
Why was I running all along
When love was teaching me about kindness
And pain was showing me I'm strong?

But now I see their purpose, Father
That's why I'm calling them my friends
For pain has turned me into a fighter
And love into a pair of hands.

My hands just want to caress others
The hurt, the lost, the broken ones...
I want to fight as pain has taught me
For all Your daughters and Your sons...

So thank You, Father, I am grateful
For sending these two friends my way
Help me to love like love has taught me
And fight for kindness everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment