Monday 20 February 2017

The Spotless Bride




"...that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me." John 17:21

They tell me "God is holy
And righteousness He seeks" And to make sure I get it They use their freedom like a stick. I let them hit me, Father. With words and verses to their will And all the while within me Sadness is all I feel. Because I seek You, Father. In each and every one I'm looking for Your kindness I yearn to see Your Son... And I remember, Father His one true final dream That we will be united And walk here as a team. But so few seem to bother "It's righteousness we seek" Whilst we look at each other With icy hearts that leak. Today I'm tired Father Of trying to make them see That righteousness' the journey But love and mercy are the key So give me strength, my Father Wisdom and love from Yours To carry on embracing them In spite of all their sticks and stones. "Daughter," I hear You calling "It is all in their mind. My children are so righteous busy They forgot to be kind. And yet, they're still My children So love them as you love Me Forget about their sticks and stones I know who I will make them be. You just carry on loving And seek Me in every one Embrace Me when you find Me As one who knows a day will come.
When you will be united Walking on the same side Because nothing will stop Me From giving My Son a spotless Bride."



No comments:

Post a Comment