Sunday 2 March 2014

These dry bones



There is a small voice inside me
That gently whispers "You'll be alright.
No need to fear. You're not alone here.
Even when you're too weak to fight.

Although it's empty and dry here
And you keep falling on these stones
I measure every step you're taking
And see that you're but skin and bones.

Look at Me daughter, and understand it.
That I will never let you go.
I know it's you who brought you here
But it is I who'll make you grow.

And whilst you're lying there shaking
From all the drought and all the pain
I'll tell you once again:
Remember, that these dry bones will live again.

"I have chosen you and I have not turned against you. So, don't worry for I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and I will help you. I will support you with my right hand that saves you...I am the Lord your God. I am holding your right hand. And I tell you. "Don't be afraid. I will help you." Isaiah 41:10, 13

"This is what the Lord God says to the bones: I will cause breath to enter you. Then you will live. I will put muscles on you. I will put flesh on you. I will cover you with skin. Then I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am the Lord." Ezekiel 37:5

"I will not send anyone to attack you. And you will defeat those who do attack you. So no weapon that is used against you will defeat you. You will show that those who speak against you are wrong. These are the good things that my servants receive. Their victory comes from Me, says the Lord." Isaiah 54:15, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment