Sunday 23 March 2014

In my wilderness


In my wilderness

It was in my wilderness that He came to me
That’s where I discovered my God
He did not set bushes on fire
He just showed me that I can always be found

It was in my wilderness that He touched me
And His touch is tattooed on my heart
Always there imprinted forever
To remind me we can’t be apart

It was in my wilderness that He found me
Bound up in a ball of misery and pain
He kissed my forehead and whispered
“You will never be the same again”

It was in my wilderness that He spoke to me
It was there that we had our first date
In the desert I saw He was real
And His presence I could no more negate

It was in my wilderness that He held me
In the desert He watered my soul
Under scorning sun He promised me forever

That He’ll pick me up whenever I’m falling and then always make me stand tall.

"Don't enemy, crow over me. I am down, but I am not out. I'm sitting in the dark right now, but God is my light...He is on my side and is going to get me out of this.He'll turn on the lights and show me His ways. I'll see the whole picture and know how right He is. And my enemy will see it, too and be discredited- yes, disgraced! This enemy who kept taunting, "So where is this God of yours?" Micah 7:8-10 a, The Message 

No comments:

Post a Comment