Monday 28 March 2011

Realness

Many of us these days are a bit fed up with empty phrases, and long for realness. A bit of something beyond the same songs, same sermons, same old...I discover realness and beauty that blesses me, when I hear people telling me about their relationship with God. They make Him feel so close. I see Him in their eyes shining, in their passionate words, in their blinking eyes that try to hide the moist, in the longing that transpires from them when they speak. I rather hear a child of His "fighting" with Him and asking "why" or "where" or "how", than to be somewhere where people try in vain to convince me of His presence as a Pepsi advert that promises to quench thirst but remains just a banner on a building. One of the real people that I love listening to when she speaks about her relationship with God, is my sister. The only way nothing moves in you is if you are made out of stone or you make yourself be one. I asked for her permission to translate her last posting. Some accused her of "humanising" God too much by relating to Him in this way. I find it bizarre for one to dictate to another how they should love, but then again some people do actually think they know everything in this world better than anyone. What my sister wrote is not for them. It is for those of us who long and miss and stretch a hand wanting to touch and close our eyes wanting to see. It it for those who hunger, who are completely sold out, those whom have tried everything and nothing else satisfies. What my sister wrote is for those who feel unworthy to be loved, for those who feel guilty and ashamed and want to hide. For those who begin to say "Lord..." but they don't know what else to tell Him and really hope that their heart says enough. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied. " (Matthew 5:6) And know perhaps it is hard for us to get our head around this, but when He came for us He practically did say "I can't be an eternity without you...and you... and you..." Faithful (by Bat Melech, 23 March 2011)

2 comments: