Thursday 15 October 2015

"Arise, for it is your task..."


"While Ezra prayed and made confession, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, a very great assembly of men, women, and children, gathered to him out of Israel, for the people wept bitterly." Ezra 10:1

Ezra was in a bad place emotionally speaking. He was literally broken to the point that he no longer cared that everybody saw him weaping and letting himself fall on the floor in the house of God. He was the leader of the people but the imagine no longer mattered anymore. 

And then the people who were with him tell him "Arise, FOR IT IS YOUR TASK, and we are with you, be strong and do it." Ezra 10:4

It is the true, at times the only place we find our place is down on the floor. I spent so much time crying on my carpet both in Romania and here, that in both cases I can tell you the exact pattern on both carpets. But down there is not our place.

I don't know about you but I had enough of finding excuses in my emotions as to why I can't stand up and keep standing. We are children of a Kingom that knows no deafeat. Literally. When someone tells us "You are a prince or a princess of God's Kingdom", our chests puff up. We love the title. But as Spider Man told us, with a lot of power comes a lot of responsibility. I remember the exact moment in 2003, when I had another carpet episode and God told me "Do you believe I am All Powerful and in charge? Then get up. You can't be a princess in a Kingdom and a victim in another." 

He changed our names and gave us new ones. Instead of broken, we are overcoming ones, instead of wounded and orphans we are now joyfulness and friends of God. So, why I wonder are we walking around as if Jesus died and He forgot to rise up again?

There is a time to cry and a time to dance. When was the last time you danced just for the joy of it? If we are victorius then perhaps we should start acting as such. Have you ever seen a victorius army? Do you think there is anyone standing a breath, if they dare to face them? We are a victorious army. In Isaiah 53 it says that He will see the fruit of His suffering and rejoice.  I doubt Jesus is rejoicing when He keeps trying to make us stand and we prefer the carpet. I do not know one person who loves Jesus who would not want to make His heart rejoice. So if that is our desire as well, then lets listen to Him and "be of good cheer" because He overcame the world for us. He made us royalty. He loves us so much that He decided to share His Father with us.

Do you believe you are royalty and part of God's family? Yes. Then arise princes and princess, for it is your task, and we are with you, be strong and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment