Wednesday 3 September 2014

Fighting the good fight


"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

It's black, so black around me
This darkness makes me cold
I'm feeling my way onwards
But find nothing to hold.

There's evil, pure evil around me
Which tries to scare my soul
It's making loads of noises
And pushing me to fall.

I am quiet, quiet within me
I know the noise is fake
He's always been a liar
Always will be a snake

There's trust, trust in my spirit
That You will not let go
In spite of lies and noises
I still know what I know!

I'm smiling, smiling dear Father
Through noises, cold and lies
They think blackness will blind me
But You're light to my eyes.

I'll follow, follow my way onwards
And fight them till the end
I'll fight evil with goodness
And that is how I'll stand.

Jews call it "Tikkun Olam"= repairing/healing the world. Christians call it "Fighting the good fight and showing grace". I call it NOT LIVING IN VAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment