Saturday 1 February 2014

The Journey

"A year from now, you will wish you had started today"

"It simply can't be done
You'll never make it through
Others have tried and failed
What makes you think you won't fail too?"

I heard these things so often...
Believed them every time
Just crawled back in my corner
And then refused to climb

Days, weeks and months would pass me
My mountain still in sight
I knew if I could just get there...
...but simply lacked the might

I just did not belong here
The mountain was my home
Why just give up because they say so?
What if they were all wrong?

I knew this place so well now
The pain and the defeat...
"But whose keeping me here?
Why not stand up on my feet?

Why not move just a little?
Take just another step
What's the worst that can happen?
Who are they to hold me back?"

One step after another
A day, a week, a month, a year
One step and then another
And now the mountain seemed so near.

Their voices simply faded
Or maybe I blocked them out
Right now it didn't matter
I simply had to mount

. A day, a week, a month, a year
The time has just flown by
I'd never thought I'll get here
That I will reach so high.

They said I couldn't do it.
They said I won't get through.
They said my name was Failure
And fail is what I'll do.

But You knew better, Father
And gave me another name.
And just because You loved me
I'll never be the same.

"Then you will have a new name. The Lord Himself will give you that new name." (Isaiah 62:2)

"I will change your name. You will no longer be called wounded, outcast, lonely or afraid. I will change your name. Your new name shall be Confidence, Joyfulness, Overcoming one, Faithfulness, Friend of God, The one who seeks My Face."

No comments:

Post a Comment