Sunday 28 July 2013

I know who I must be


When faced with the decision
I looked the other way
I knew what it will cost me
The price I'll have to pay.

My mind replays those seconds 
Between the "yes" or "no"
I try to justify it
And to explain my fall.

But I'm just wasting seconds
Same way I wasted those
When I should've known better
Than landing on my nose...

Still, now that I am here
I do not wish to stay
So once again I'm calling
And dream of what You'll say.

And in my dreams, sweet Jesus
You tell me to get up
That You know all my weakness
And that You saw the trap.

I see you coming closer
Bringing Your light with You.
You kiss my head, and gently
You tell me I'll get through.

You tell me that I'm stronger 
Than I think I can be
And even when I'm falling
That girl still remains me.

I see You coming closer 
And dusting off my clothes 
You smile, and then You tell me
"I'll chase away the wolves"

I dream of all this, Jesus
Afraid I will wake up
And realize in panic
I am still just as trapped.

But then I turn and see You
You sit there next to me.
And when I see You smiling
I get up to my feet.

It should not be this easy
It is not fair on You
But when I see You smiling
I know what I must do.

When I was but a sinner
Who detested You Way
You always stood beside
Through every single day.

If that is how You loved me
When I hated You so
I now choose to believe You
I just know that I know!

And now, I'm the one smiling
While You smile back at me
And though the wolves are howling
I know who I must be.

"When you feel alone and scared doubting that I am still with you, close your
eyes and say it out loud: ‘While I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me and He
was with me, how much more is He with me now?’ Can you do that for me
Sara?”
“Yes, my Lord!” Sara cried and Yeshua smiled.
“Can you repeat that for me?”
“Yes… Yes my Lord… While I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me and He
was with me, how much more is He with me now?”" The King's daughter, by Cristina Pop


No comments:

Post a Comment