Friday 4 February 2011

Ultra Zionist

Last night I watched on BBC2 a documentary by Louis Theroux called "Ultra Zionist". It was aimed to be a "neutral" opinion on the situation in the West Bank, who according to the international laws belongs to the Palestinians. Theroux was trying to understand why Jews risk their own lives every day to live in an area they're not wanted in, amongst Palestinians, going about their every day life in anti-bullet cars which are stoned every 5 minutes my Palestinians children, to whom this appears to be the main source of entertainment.

I just finished reading the book of Joshua again, so for the daughter of God in me, this was very personal. Why? I know I'm not Jewish, but if I believe that Bible, than I must believe all it contains not just what I want. And if God said for hundreds of years, I will give you that land to be yours forever, I will believe Him.
"And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting, solemn pledge, to be a God to you and to your posterity after you.And I will give to you and to your posterity after you the land in which you are a stranger [going from place to place], all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."

Theroux
, is a self-confessed atheist. He mentioned it in the documentary last night as well. I can appreciate that there is no way, an individual who doesn't even believe in God would be able to understand what a Jewish heart feels for their land. He asked a Jewish woman holding her child, why she submitted herself and her family to that lifestyle. She simply said "This is home"


I just finished reading in Joshua, how the city of Hebron was given to the tribe of Judah, then it became a city of safety (Joshua 20) or what a Christian would call a city of grace, where you could find refuge if you've done something you didn't mean to, such as accidentally kill a man. You would run there and the people of the city would defend you from those asking you to pay for what you did. Then the city of Hebron was given as a gift to the tribe of Levi, God's priests, and it became a city associated with holiness.
Last night I saw Jews being stoned and insulted for trying to live in Hebron. All because the international community decided that is not their land anymore, that it belongs to Palestinians. The only reason, Jews were not lynched in that place was because of Israel Defence Forces (IDF) defending them.

As I mentioned, I am not Israeli and I am not Jewish. I am Romanian and I carry around in my heart responsibility for what my nation did to them when they tried to live as Romanians. We killed hundreds of thousand of them and what we didn't kill we packed up in trains and sent to Hittler as a good will gesture. So if my ancestors kept quiet, I will not. I spend my life asking Jews to forgive my nation. It might not be a lot and it might be very late, but I will not pretend it didn't happen. As a child of God (John 1:12-13) I take a step back and ask myself "What do I stand for-international law or God's Word?"


I am Transilavian. Transilvania is the north west part of Romania, which was under Hungarian occupation for hundreds of years. We were forced to learn their language, sometimes change our names and slave away for Hungarian nobility. That's way on a very small scale, I can understand a Jewish heart. For them, international law coming and telling them that land no longer belongs to them because it was under a different occupation for a long time, means exactly nothing. For a Jewish heart that sounds just as ridiculous as it does for a Transilavian heart if someone would come to tell us we are not Romanians and that is not our land anymore because we were under occupation for a long time. So yeah, I got my answer to my question "What do I stand for?" I stand for Israel and their inheritance- all the land that God promised them: "On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadiof Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.” Genesis 15:18-21)


If this makes me an Ultra Zionist, than that is what I am and I will wear that name with pride.
May the Lord bless Israel and keep it strong. The God who chose them will be their Guardian and their Light forever. And as Daniel, an Orthodox Jew, said last night there is nothing the world can do about that.

"I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the LORD your God." (Amos 9:15)




No comments:

Post a Comment